Friday 8 April 2011

The Plan

At first I was planning to release blog posts basically whenever I felt ready to launch one, however I have taken a reality check and decided to be rather more organised about how I deal with this. I know, those of you who know me will be shocked. Gareth? Organised? Don’t make me laugh!

The truth is, I am here to write a book, and these blogs can get rather distracting. I would rather have my mind focused on the next great plot twist and unique new characters, rather than the witticisms of these blog posts.

As such, I intend to release 3 meaty blog posts a week, plus I have now signed up to the infernal Twitter where I intend to post small bits, like when a particularly good idea hits and I get really excited. Please feel free to follow me on that.

So here is the timetable (All times in GMT);

Monday : 5.30pm – Musing and Rambling
Wednesday : 5.30pm – Major Update
Friday : 5.30pm – Progress Update


Just what do I mean by these headings?

Musing and Rambling;
Here I will talk about subjects which interest me, and more likely than not are relevant to the book. One title which I have come up with already, and will likely do for next week will be “What’s in a name?” this will cover how authors create names for the characters.

Major Update;
These posts will be directly influenced by the book I am writing at the moment and introduce important topics, characters and locales. You have already seen Erik the Red and more like that will be following.

Progress Update;
This will be a combination of musing and ramblings (on a bad week) and/or a discussion about what I have written in the week past (on a good week). This might give some sneak-peeks at new interesting bits of story, characters I am feeling particularly smug about at the moment, and other things like that.

Interaction;
Finally, I wanted to touch on interactions with you guys. I love seeing comments after these posts. This blog is here so I can talk more directly with my audience. See something you like? Tell me (after Liking it on Facebook naturally). Something bother you? Let me know. Want me to talk more about something? Then engage me about it.

I cannot promise that I will act on your suggestions, but I do promise to take them to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment