Friday 20 May 2011

Progress Report : 20th May


Well this week has been exceptionally busy, so I apologise for the lack of new content over the past few days. I promise it has been worth it however! Over the weekend we had some visitors from Belfast, and it was a real pleasure introducing them to the pubs and places in London.

However this meant that my work had to be relegated to the evenings, this led to 5 days of living on about 5 hours sleep a night. Those who know me, will realise that this was a serious sacrifice, I am very protective of my usual 10 hours (I joke of course...)

But what did all this lead to I hear you cry?! Well looking over my words written log, I have tallied a meagre 1500 words for this week so it can’t be that, obviously it wasn’t working on this blog either, so what then?

You may recall that I was at the London Bookfair a few weeks ago, and was rather critical about the benefit of having been there. Some of the talks did give me some ideas however, namely in the multi-media writing side of things. That is, using more than one medium to tell a story. These mediums can range from film to books, games to blogs, social networks, apps etc. I unfortunately cannot tell you exactly what I have up my sleeve, but it is pretty cool, and should all the cards land as I hope, then I hope to be able to launch a new line in the Vinland franchise.

And all this before i’ve even written my first book, blimey!

Now in slightly more annoying news, blogspot seems to have seen fit to roll back the version, and as such a number of my pictures have gone bye-bye. At first I thought this was some copyright nazi getting imperious, however some of the text and my legitimate pictures have gone also so I know it is just a roll back. Still its annoying as it means more work for me. I must hasten to add that I did seek permission for all images, I just meant that they were neither paid for nor produced by me, but exist through the kindness of their creators who were credited for their work.

I will find images once again as they do much to spice up the content here, to quote one of the comments I received “On the other hand more mud covered females please.” This might take me a while however, thanks to the new responsibilities I have insinuated above.

No comments:

Post a Comment